Saturday 21 December 2019

More "Your Neighbor" and Byron de Arakal -12/30/2005


Friday, December 30, 2005
More "Your Neighbor" and Byron de Arakal
First, I note with some amusement that an activist who resembles my character "Your Neighbor" has, once again, found a forum for his denials. He somehow convinced the editors of the Orange County Register's Current - the weekly supplement covering Newport Beach and Costa Mesa - to print much of what he published in his "little newsletter" a few days earlier. As I said before, denial is not truth, it's only denial.

And, to add to the fun, the publisher of the Daily Pilot, Tom Johnson, announced today that he will begin writing a weekly column in that fine newspaper. It seems he has opinions to present in opposition to some within our community and he specifically mentioned someone he called "Mensa Marty". Gee, I wonder who that might be?

Let's wrap up this year with some more good news. My friend, Byron de Arakal, has joined the blogosphere! A couple days ago he announced to me and the rest of the world that he's created his very own web log - Itchingpost.com - which can be reached by clicking on the new link on my "Useful Links" page. From the look of his first couple entries, it seems my muse has some pent-up thoughts to be presented to the world - unedited. I hope you will mark his link for frequent viewing because he's a talented guy with much to say and a very special way of saying it.

On that especially cheerful note let me wish you all a very Happy New Year. This is a time for contemplation of new beginnings, so please join me in resolving to do a better job of paying attention to what's happening in our town - and to try to make a difference. As we've found out lately, one voice can make a difference, so I invite you to grab a song book and add yours to the chorus.
11:35 pm pst

No comments:

Post a Comment