Saturday 21 December 2019

...And This Is What They Handed Me - 4/13/2006

Thursday, April 13, 2006
...And This Is What They Handed Me.
I think I'm getting a little better idea of how our mayor, Allan Mansoor, goes about doing his job.

The following quote appeared in an article in the Daily Pilot on Thursday, April 13, 2006.

"Costa Mesa Mayor Allan Mansoor may be registered as a Republican, but when it comes to his drink preference, he's a decline-to-state.

He was spotted at state Senate candidate Diane Harkey's election night shindig with a glass in hand, but when asked what he was drinking, he was coy.

'I just asked for something, and this is what they handed me,' Mansoor said."

It sounds like he's talking about his immigration screening plan, doesn't it? I mean, it's unlikely that our young jailer/mayor conjured up this plan all by himself. It's more probable that some of his handlers dropped it in his lap and told him to run with it.

I sure hope he's more careful with other decisions in his life. One can only shudder at the potential results at EHarmony.com, for example.

Come to think of it, I guess that statement is a kind of catch-all excuse for messing up - the perfect mea culpa. One more time, "I just asked for something, and this is what they handed me."

I can hardly wait until November...
10:22 am pdt

No comments:

Post a Comment